The Zhiyun Crane is a 3-axis SINGLE handheld gimbal designed for mirrorless cameras, you are enjoying the most cost-effective solution than other similar stabilizers. It is the first camera stabilizer that can control the cameras currently on the markets. The three strong brushless motors have an encoder each. Whatever you shoot, the Crane will always help you get incredibly smooth, professional video footage. It is lightweight, small and easy to use.
Supports a Canon 5D. The Crane weighs only 950g, while it can support up to 1800g. It’s extremely perfect for almost all mirrorless cameras, such as the Sony A7SII, Sony A7S, Sony A6300 and Panasonic GH4, even Canon 5D with 16-35mm or 14-70mm lens is workable.
You can control the Crane with the Zhiyun Assistant app or remote controller that links to your Crane over Bluetooth. Switch modes, adjust camera angles, monitor the status of your Crane, and customize your favorite settings in seconds.
First Gimbal that Control Cameras
First handheld gimbal with built-in CCI (Camera Control Interface) in the industry, control the camera by the gimbal has been achieved, for example, switch photo/record, zoom in/zoom out, etc.
Zhiyun Core Technology, Powerful Motors, Precision Control.
Zhiyun gimbal is the first in the industry to achieve 32-bit Triple-MCUs running in parallel at 4K HZ frequency that is far beyond the reach of others. Designed with high performance in mind, the Crane’s brushless motors are incredibly precise and powerful while maintaining low vibration and increasing torque. Industry-leading accuracy is increased with a magnetic encoder in each motor,
the constantly improved stabilization algorithms helps the Crane control the camera to 0.01 degree accuracy within 0.25 millisecond.
Tool-less, Quick Adjustment of Balance
With a newly designed quick-release plate and thumbscrew, the Crane is easy to balance without any tools. All 3 axes can be perfectly adjusted in about one minute.
The three motors rotate a full 360 degrees, which gives you an unlimited range and high flexibility during operation.
In lock mode, the yaw, pitch, and roll axis work together to keep the camera pointed in one direction. The camera will stay still no matter how you move the handle.
Two Follow Modes
The Crane features 2 different following modes. In Yaw-Axis follow mode, the Crane will only follow your pan movements. In pitch and yaw-axis follow mode, the Crane will follow your pan and tilt movements.
Auto Inverted Mode
Switch to inverted mode at any time by simply flipping the handle over the camera. Inverted mode can be operated in conjunction with any of the lock and follow modes.
Long Battery Life
The Crane is compatible with 18650 or 26650 Li-ion batteries, a runtime of 6 hours by regular 18650 batteries and 12 hours by the optional 26650 batteries. Overcharge and over depletion protection is built in. Remaining power is shown by clear LED.
1/4 inch Thread
The 1/4” thread located at the bottom of handle allows you to securely mount the Crane to a tripod, monopod, jib etc.
▪ Durable CNC Aluminum alloy construction
▪ Weighs only 950g, 350g-1800g payload
▪ Wireless control by the Bluetooth app or remote controller
▪ The Industry’s first 3-axis SINGLE handheld gimbal that can control cameras
▪ Self-developed FOC technology with 32-bit Triple-MCUs + high pay-load brushless motors with integrated encoders
▪360 degree movement from all Axes (Pitch, Yaw & Roll)
▪ A runtime of about 6 hours by regular 18650 batteries
▪ Tool-less, quick setup and adjustment of balance
▪ Detachable dual handle
Pan Angle 360°
Tilt Angle 360°
Roll Angle 360°
Working Voltage 6.8 to 12.6
VDC Working Current 80mA---6000mA
Start-Up Time 3 seconds
Battery Type 2 x 3.7v,18650MP,2000 mAh Li-ion batteries
Run-time 6 to 12 hours
Operating Temperature 0° to 45°C
Net Weight 950 g (batteries excluded)
Shipping Weight 2.7kg
Shipping Dimensions (LxWxH) 36*31.5*10cm
Warranty Standard 1 year
1x Zhiyun-Tech Crane gimbal
4x 18650MP Li-ion batteries (2 Active, 2 Spare)
1x 18650MP Li-ion battery charger
1 x Micro USB cable
1x Hard black suitcase
1 x Lens support
1 x Lens support screw
1 x Camera mounting screw
1 x User manual (English)
Download the latest firmware online and update your Crane instantly if you want to take advantage of new features.
For max payload and firmware here is an explanation:
1. The true answer is 1800 gram and our official website has not updated the data.
2. For cameras and lens within 1500gram, you don't need to download 5D firmware. (the default gimbal does not have this firmware.)
3. For cameras and lens over 1500 gram you need to download 5D firmware called CRANE FIRMWARE V1.50 5D RC2 on our official website. And it won't have side effect if you well balanced it.
4. After downloading 5D firmware, if you want to use again the ones within 1500 gram, you need to downgrade the firmware, by downloading the former one.